Friday 26 October 2012

Production Management Exercise 1

For this little exercise I had to write a letter/email to the owner of a property that I would like to use as a location in one of my films. We had 10 minutes to come up with something. Here's what I wrote.

Dear Sir Or Madam

My name is Scott Bradley and I'm a film student at Leeds University. I'm currently working on a small production with a group of other students.
We've been searching for a number of different locations to use in the project and we so happened to find your garage on the website " ". We as a group feel your garage would be the perfect place to shoot a short scene we have in mind.
The scene in question is part of a story about a boy trying to discover the identity of his father. The scene should be completed within 3 - 4 hours and the production team on set would be made up of no more than 15 people, no mess will be left after the shoot and in the unfortunate event of an damages we're covered with the universities insurance.
Please contact me to discuss this further, I'll look forward to your reply.

Scott Bradley

The tutor mentioned this would be a suitable first mode of correspondence but also said, given extra time, more detail was needed about the production in the letter. Its pretty reasonable considering I only had 10 minutes to write it.        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.