Thursday 22 November 2012

Made In Dagenam Film Shoot Round Up

As the art director on this short shoot is was my job to draw up plans of the location and provide photos for the director to help him develop his own plans. However like other shoots before this my jobs did not take up much of my time and while on set my art department was frozen out because there was nothing really for anyone to do. We could have provided props but after a discussion with the director and DOP we all felt that the locations could not be transformed in any way that would lead you to believe these characters are anywhere other than beautiful park. What I did do was observe the shoot and tried to learn from the other students directing decisions. Its a real shame because the art department makes up a large portion of a film crew but on a shoot this small with so many people we did find ourselves standing around for long periods of time contributing nothing to the production.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.