Sunday 6 October 2013

Intent

Originally, we wanted to create a short narrative character study of Leonard Smith but when the idea was pitched the panel felt the film would work better as a documentary. I'm just glad one of our ideas was green lit, however doing a documentary was not something I had anticipated. I think what I would like to do with the film is to use a lot of reconstruction, I want to see Leonard in the film, out on the battlefield taking sketches, I'd like to see him in the trench at night finishing off his work with the aid of candle light. It's going to be a documentary but I want to avoid the generic base of what a documentary is, I'd like to do something a little different, a mix of documentary and narrative filmmaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.