Saturday 4 June 2011

Filming Is Now Over

On the 24th of May Cameron, Millie and Myself went to Cornholme to finish off my film. The weather was a slight problem because it didn't really know what it wanted to do, the sun was out then it was grey, didn't help me with the camera as I was trying to get the lighting and the white balance right, during editing I've had to mess around with the contrast.

The day went as smooth as it could have, Cameron and Millie were game and I felt I directed the shoot much better than before. I communicated better and the actors responded better. Also, for the first time I felt we nailed every shot, before I had to sacrifice some of my ideas because I couldn't get the shot just right but on the day the key shots were nailed and that's something that should be considered very pleasing and positive.

As the project is coming towards its end I wont be able to re-shoot any scenes. I'll just have to make do with what I've got. I'd like to say I don't have many scenes in mind to re-shoot but that's not the case. As the project has gone on and I've pondered on the final images I've come up with new angles, new shots and cut ins that I would have liked to put in to the final film. Sadly I'll just have to take it on the chin and take those ideas and newly developed techniques into my next project.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.