Friday 24 June 2011

The Final Cut

Finally Dreamer's Rest is complete, the editing process was relatively simple. Before I joined the course I was already familiar with the various editing tools and with the help of Brian I was able to get the film bang into shape without much fuss. However, I spent a little longer editing than anticipated, this was due to the long filming process and the little problem I had with the sound. I had to re-record all the sound again and overlay it back onto the film, it was a blend of luck and perseverance, all the dates I spent recording and all the audio I have recorded are documented in my production diary.
One thing I noted in my diary was that I felt the film hadn't turned out well and that I felt the music let the film down, I have had a change of heart since then, I feel incredibly passionate about my work and sometimes I read into the negatives more than the positives. Now that the film has been watched by a number of people and been liked I can now see that the film is a success and that even though the filming process was hard and at times to much for one person to handle I have indeed created a good piece of film. I should be proud and I am.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.