Friday 3 August 2012

DSLR Add Ons

Now I've had a few weeks to get to grips with the D3100 I've Identified a few pieces that I need to help me improve the quality of my filming.

Firstly I bought the Delkin Pop Up Shade, As I have no way of looking through the viewfinder on the camera I needed to make the LCD screen as clear as possible. This shade provides some much needed cover from the sun and other bright light sources. I've found focusing much easier since buying it.



I was also fortunate enough to have been given a tripod for free! Not just some crappy thing, a proper, pro tripod. Its the best one I've ever used. It was in pretty bad shape when I got it but after cleaning it up Its perfect.



The next thing on my ever growing list is an audio recorder. I've taken a look at this neat device called the Zoom H1 which seems really popular with people filming with DSLRs. The only issue I have with it is that it looks a bit plasticy - a bit cheap - and some of the out door tests I've seen do not make good viewing. Its clear that I would need a shotgun mic to add to the Zoom H1 which would provide better audio capture, even in hight winds. But even they don't seem to hold up that well out doors. So there are the clip mics, they seem by far the best option for vocal audio but cost a small fortune. In an ideal world I'd buy all them but I doubt that's going to happen. I think the best option for me is the Zoom H1 or a similar mic that I can boom and add a shotgun mic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.