Sunday 12 August 2012

Leonardo Dicaprio



I'd say currently Leo is probably my favourite Hollywood actor. When I'm walking through a DVD store I'm instantly drawn to his movies, they just jump out at me and I have to buy them, rent them, watch them or whatever. I do think he is a very intense actor, in most of the films I've seen him star in he usually plays a broken, frustrated, angry, passionate character. Perhaps you could say he lacks versatility but nonetheless I find his performances captivating, he hooks me in and I cant take my eyes off him. Oddly, I think one of the reasons that's helped him develop into such a good actor is purely down to the way he looks. I don't mean it quite the way you might think, back in his youth he was the typical Hollywood heartthrob but as he's got older he's really shed his boyish good looks, what remains now are very sharp and intense features, you can see all the tiny nuances in his face which I think makes him very watch-able and very human. I think that, partially, explains why he's appeared in a few biopic films like The Aviator and J. Edgar, he adds a real, believable quality to the films he's in. I'm totally going out on a whim here and I could be completely wrong, its just a gut feeling, but I think he's certainly going to direct latter on in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.