Sunday 10 February 2013

Telling A Story With Pictures



Just for a warm up before my directing classes I've been given the task of finding a selection of photos or images that tell a personal story. Below are the photos I've selected.











During the lecture where we displayed the images to the rest of the class I don't think many people had any difficulty understanding the story I pieced together. But what was interesting was that my choice of using an hourglass was raised as a point of curiosity, a lot of people understood that symbol as a sign of wasted time and I do know that I felt a lot of my time, latter on, in Spain was wasted. I hadn't really thought about that when choosing the images but maybe subconsciously I chose it for that reason. Micheal mentioned that a good way to help you start to develop characters and understand how to write them is to begin to interrogate yourself and question why you make the decisions you make.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.