Tuesday 5 February 2013

West Yorkshire Police Project... Continued Prt 2

Shoot 4 - Interrogation
My Role - Director

With this film we wanted to keep with the tongue in cheek tone and we wanted to keep the idea of stolen mobile phones. What we did was set up a robber that had been caught and brought into police custody. Inside a scary interrogation room the robber is told to empty his bag, inside his bag are lots and lots of stolen phones.  In the end he's there just tipping out all these phones onto the table. Its funny but suggests that phone crime is really very high.

Before the shoot I had to amass a large amount of phones so what I did was go around town asking various phone stores to give me as many dummy phones as they could possibly spare. Thankfully one store was kind enough to give me half a bag full which was more than enough.

On the shoot day our crew had been working together for 3 - 4 days so with that experience under our belts I felt we worked in a much more efficient way. I tried to be very laid back with my directing, I trusted everyone to do their roles and basically just moved around the set making sure everyone was up to date and knew what I wanted. I'd managed people before at work but this was the first film I had directed since my directing workshop which was terrible on my part, so there was a nervousness inside me but it didn't show.

I felt the shoot went really well and I think that was partially down to the pre filming preparation I had had done. I'd drew up a story board as well as a camera and lighting plan. I explained the set up to my DOP and camera opp and left them to get the shots I wanted. This gave me a chance to speak to the actors and other members of the crew, for me this put a lot of people at ease. We just worked really quickly and I'd like to thank everyone for really being on their A game.

I'm not sure how the finished piece will look, I'm sure it will have it's problems and when I see them I'm sure they'll tell me a lot about what I need to improve on with regards to creating a film but hopefully whatever the outcome the advert will be accepted and used for public awareness.        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.