Friday 3 May 2013

Four Year Plan



This was the first documentary I watched when we began working on ideas for our own film.

As a big football fan I was really interested in this story, my club is going through a similar transitional period and to get a real insight into the goings on behind the scenes of these clubs is fascinating.

The style of this film is very fly on the wall, there are no direct interviews or any presenters, the audience has VIP access to places very few have. I'm a little unsure as to how or why this film was made because it shows the powers that be who run these football clubs to be utter wankers. They treat people with such little respect and I wonder if they really know as much about football as they really aught to. 

Its made me think about football in a different way, there are three versions of professional football. 1st being the live football where you have thousands of fans creating an incredible atmosphere that can be passionate, aggressive, frightening, exciting and more, all these emotions, there isn't anything like it. 2nd is the TV/Media side of football for the sit at home fans, there's a showbiz about it, there's drama, all fabricated of course. And then there's this side of football, the cut throat, the arrogance, the dark side of the beautiful game. I think this documentary is a pretty good wake up call to any delusional fans who think that some of these professional clubs are run by people who care.           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.