Saturday 4 May 2013

Importance Of Meeting Your Contributors

Just reflecting back on some possible reasons our film has not come together quite like we had imagined I noticed that we never really met our contributors before we had our interviews.

This was mostly because we simply couldn't do it, Gemma Wilson is a very busy person, the Met lecturers are also busy people. I did converse with them over the phone and via email but maybe a one to one meeting would have helped our interviews a great deal. The only person we managed to speak to before the interview was Mark Bottomley and its no surprise that he gave the best interview, we got the answers we needed.

It's just something I should keep in mind next time I'm working on a documentary or preparing interviews, in a way the meeting before the interview is needed to help set up the interview, to install an element of control during the Q&A.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.