Friday 3 May 2013

Unauthorized




This documentary was very much in the vein of what I would have considered to be your standard model for a documentary before we began studying this type of film making.

The film follows the success of Harvey Weinstein and his production company Miramax. It uses all the traditional forms of documentary film making, interviews, archive footage, B-roll footage, voice overs. It uses all the techniques available to create this interesting tale of one man and his ego.

Having said that though, the film feels a little like a straight to TV documentary, whereas all the other documentaries I've seen recently have a certain style or point of view that helps create a cinematic scope, this I think lacks that same scope, its just a plain and simple bio pick. To be fair I do think the gloves are off with this film ,they don't attempt to flower up his career or his personality, its very raw and honest. I always respect that, a lot can be said about being honest. Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction and Harvey feels like a character from one of his movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.