Wednesday 18 May 2011

Mask Swap

The mask I ordered for my film didn't arrive in time for the first day of filming (I'm still waiting for them now) so I had to go to plan B. I remember seeing a shop in Manchester that sold cheap carnival/ball masks so I went and had look, Millie came along with me, it was a chance for her to try on a few masks and see if they fitted well; the last thing I wanted at this point was a nymph without her mask.

In the end we found a purple mask that seemed to be the best quality mask out of a limited selection but it was a mask attached to a stick with no ribbon to fasten itself to Millie's head so I had to buy some ribbon and Velcro it to the inside, the short stick came off quite easily.

As there wasn't a whole lot to choose from I'm slightly disappointed I couldn't find a green or earthly coloured mask. As it is the purple mask is quite nice but I cant really explain how or why that colour fits in the with the theme of spirits and the nether realm. Having said that the whole appearance of the nymph is quite mysterious, playful and beautiful so I guess it ticks all the right boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.