Thursday 5 May 2011

Test Shoot, Billinge Woods, Edit

Having filmed a short test scene in the woods with Cameron I was eager to get in the edit room to see how the footage looked and how the various shots appeared on a bigger screen. Thankfully I was very pleased with what we had taken, Cameron looked very comfortable on screen, before hand it was a big worry but now I'm very pleased with both my actors, I think they'll both do really well.
If the footage told me anything then its the need to film on a dull day, though it may seem strange to want to film a picture about nature on a darker day it does allow the lush greenery of the woods to take hold of the film; the sunlight seems to white wash the area leaving the footage to bright and it covers the beautiful, natural detail of the woods. Obviously due to the circumstances I cant pick and choose what days I want to film because I have to take into consideration the time of my crew, they also have an FMP to make. I hope, with a bit of look we'll film on a dull day and let the true beauty of nature break through on screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.