Thursday 24 March 2011

Inspiration! Folklore, PS3 Video Game.

Quite a while ago I played this game and it was something slightly different, something you don't see to often in video games. Its easily one of the most memorable games I've ever seen thanks to no small part from its graphical accomplishments, its eerie soundtrack and wonderfully crafted dark fantasy setting.

I think there is something wonderfully harrowing about visiting a new place, alone and in search of something. In this particular case, the female lead is searching for answers after she receives a letter from her dead mother. Its sad, subtle, it allows you to play play with the characters emotions and if set in the right place the location can become an important character in the story.
 
After seeing Cornholme, the village I'm thinking of filming I began to think quite quickly about the potential behind the themes explored in games such as 'Folklore'. The term folklore itself would be quite interesting to research, nearly every part of the world has its own stories and superstitions. I'm a big fan of the dark and twisted, Tim Burton's art work would be nice to take a look at, though I must admit I'm not a large fan of his films.

Here is a link to some more information regarding the video game 'Folklore'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folklore_(video_game)

1 comment:

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.