Friday 25 March 2011

Pan

This Greek god has quickly come into mind and has been heavily influencing my recent research. He is a god that is said to have been a protector of animals and a creature of music who would put villagers in a trance with his songs as he wanders the meadows and forests.

He also induces a sense of panic, more so when near crowded areas. The word 'panic' actually comes from the gods name which I think is really interesting.

As my new film will be based in a small village and as I do want to incorporate some sort of mythical folklore into the story Pan could well play a larger role as my research goes on.  

Here is a link to some more information on Pan;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_(god)

I've also been reading 'The Greek and Roman Myths, A guide to The Classical Stories' by Philip Matyszak

Potential Plot Line; Now that the world is becoming much more industrial the spirits of nature are being pushed into small pockets of woodlands and hillsides around the world. Small, hidden away villages could be the perfect location for nature spirits to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.