Monday 28 March 2011

Location, Location Review

Having spent the morning in Cornholme I've decided that it is the right location to shoot the film but the area is missing one or two things; most importantly a pathway leading into a wood. However, after looking through the various photos I've taken and walking through the village I don't believe it'll be to much of a problem, I'll just have to tweak the storyboards accordingly.

The village was much smaller than I would've hoped, there just wasn't a whole lot there, having said that I don't think I could find another village with the same kind of setting, the way the hills stand tall;  it really creates a sense of being boxed in and hidden away, like the earth itself is trying to hide the place. We also found an old graveyard that'd been left to decay, some of the tombs had been smashed open and the rest were being eaten by plant life. Its a excellent little location to keep in mind when writing the story.

The other areas that were missing (a dense wood and a cafe/pub) will have to be found somewhere else. I've already pin pointed Billinge Woods, its a huge thick wood that sits not far from Witton Park. I'll also have to find a cafe in Blackburn where I'm allowed to film inside, I cant imagine many difficulties there but I have to be prepared.

It was important that I got something from today's trip because I just don't have the time to search and search for other locations, if it hadn't been the place I needed then I would've had to put a line through this idea and start afresh, luckily I can continue. I've already let my potential crew know that I need their services but now I can finally give them solid dates and sit down with them and tell them the score.

I guess that is the next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.