Wednesday 6 April 2011

'5 Centimetres per Second' Anime Influence.

Quite recently I've watched this fantastic film. Its only very short for a motion picture; just 60 minutes long. But, the animation and imagery is just breathtaking. Because I want to create a film with strong imagery '5 Centimetres' really inspired me, I'm not doing an animation but I believe I can translate that same beauty into live action.                                                                                         

Also throughout the entire film the lead character is narrating the story. At first we hear an exchange of letters between Takaki and Akari and then, latter in the film we hear from another characters perspective, a young girl called Kanae. What was so appealing to me was the fact that I want to add a narrator in my film very much like what can be seen in '5 Centimetres'. I love the colloquial speech; the innocence and harsh reality of the script really dug in deep. Its easy to dismiss younger characters in films but here their stories are all something most of us can relate to... If we allow ourselves to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.