Monday 4 April 2011

Test Shoot Day Review

Today I did a test shoot for my next film. Ryan, my camera operator and Milly, my actress both came along with me. We visited Billinge Woods and then Witton Park, trying out various shots and taking photos of possible locations.

I had a selection of shots I wanted to master, for the most part I got what I wanted but I don't think I'll be able to create a scene were we see Milly walk across water, the location was wrong and the angles weren't right, I just think the whole scene would look fake. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for another possible location but right now the scene is cut from my plans.

We also a had a slight problem with the focus pull. All I wanted was to have the character in the background come into focus but for some reason unknown to me the background and the foreground could not be separated, they both went in and out of focus at the same time. Even when we had Milly inches from the camera the result was the same. This is something I'll have to speak with Brian about, the pull focus shot is something I really need for my film, especially in the woods.

As it started raining we weren't able to continue with the any test shots and so I used my disposable camera to capture the area and possible filming angles.

Tomorrow in College I'll take a look at the footage and then hopefully I will be able to begin work on my story boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.