Wednesday 27 April 2011

Storyboard Tutorial

I showed Jamie and Andy my storyboard, they said it still needs some work doing to it before I can start filming. They had some general queries about some of the scenes I had in mind as well as costumes and music ect..

  • I need to think about the grave yard scene and what it would mean to the viewer. (I'm already considering cutting it completely in favour of something else, yet to be decided)
  • I need to think about the scene with the apple. The apple is symbolic in religion because of the garden of Eden. I knew this before hand but I can understand why it would muddy the message of the film, I'm not trying to create anything with religious connotations what so ever. 
  • I really need to contact Mark Weller as quickly as possible because the music is becoming more vital each passing day. The music will aide me in the quest to tell the story I want.  
  • I also need to think about costumes, again this is still something that is the least of my worries right now but with dead line day looming I need to start putting in place what the characters will be wearing. (Over the course of the week and the weekend I'll hopefully be doing a test shoot with Cameron, this is an opportunity to try out various clothes and get to handle the camera)

They also gave me some paperwork to take a look at over the next couple of days, a few film scripts and more importantly a shot list for editors and a location prep sheet. 

While my storyboard still needs work I think the best course of action is to take a look at programs and films that contains strong images of travelling and woodland areas so that I can see how they piece together the shots. I'll also take a look at some fantasy films in general, I've already seen Pan's Labyrinth so I'll have to find some more, I cant think of many in all honesty.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop me a msg anytime.